D. COMPETITION GUIDELINES
1. Design and Aesthetics
- Participants are encouraged to be as original as possible. Designs which resemble previous works by other designers, will be removed from the competition and the organizers will require the concerned contestant to re-submit new designs.
- The Guidelines for the Aesthetics and the required terno sleeve proportions must be followed strictly. Non-conformity will be grounds for removal from the competition and culminating show.
2. Styling and Models
- The organizers will assign models. Participants may not choose models.
- Finalists agree to entrust all styling decisions of the models to a designated head stylist for the showcase. The stylist will have the final decision in terms of hair & make-up, footwear, and accessories.
- All finalists must attend all fittings with their corresponding models, work on the necessary alterations, attend dress rehearsals, and the show.
3. Submissions and other Relevant Documents for 12 Finalists
- Competition finalists are required to submit hard copies of their renderings of revised balintawak designs
by August 1, 2022.
- Deadline for submission of finished balintawak garment at Bench is at 6:00PM on November 29, 2022.
- Competition finalists must sign a Letter-Agreement before July 4, 2022.
- The finalists are required to send monthly updates and photos of their balintawak in progress via to a designated Viber Group to ensure conformity to the timetable and aesthetic guidelines. All materials officially submitted to the organizers will be treated in confidence.
4. Schedule, Accommodations, and Assistants during Production Week
- All finalists are required to be in Manila with their completed entries on January 25-28, 2023. Each finalist is allowed one (1) assistant at his/her own expense (travel, food, lodging, etc.). All assistants are required to fill-out/submit registration forms and observe the competition rules and guidelines. The finalists will be held liable for any violations committed by their respective assistants.
- No other person other than the participants/finalists can share the hotel rooms designated and paid for by TERNOCON. Non-compliance will be grounds for immediate termination from the competition.
5. Prizes, Plaques and Citations
- Gold Php 75,000 net
Silver Php 50,000 net
Bronze Php 25,000 net
- All finalists will receive a Plaque of Recognition.
All winners will be given citations and corresponding medals.